Dance Movement Therapy
Over the years, I have assisted clients from a variety of backgrounds who have experienced the benefits of Movement Therapy. Paying attention to their movement, thinking and feeling within a confidential,creative, therapeutic space has effected positive change, improved their sense of well being and promoted a sense of empowerment in their lives.
The aim of Movement Therapy is to facilitate a process of understanding, development and growth in a variety of contexts including:
- Alleviating anxiety/depression
- Building self confidence/esteem
- Developing mental/physical resilience
- Cultivating personal and creative potential
Creative Dance and Fitness
I have developed Creative Dance Classes for Older Adults and anyone who is interested in finding the dancer within. Using simple choreography based on the work of Rudolph Laban, I guide people through low impact movement, culminating in a short meditation/relaxation. The aim is to improve the participants sense of wellbeing and to increase vitality. Other benefits include:
- Improved balance, co ordination and flexibility.
- Involvement in a Community
- A sense of achievement, leading to improved confidence in physical ability.